Supplementing Your College Counseling
Building a college-going culture at your school is an ongoing process. These resources will help you enrich your efforts to educate students and parents about preparing and paying for college.
Minnesota Office of Higher Education
- free college planning presentations to educate students, families, teachers and the community about the many ways to prepare and pay for college
- career and college awareness curriculum and services to Minnesota Title I schools
- publications for your students to supplement your college counseling
- financial aid resources to help you answer student financial aid questions and understand the financial aid process:
Minnesota Association for College Admission Counseling
- College Fairs - when and where Minnesota and national college fairs are held.
- Camp College - a free opportunity for rising seniors to learn about aspects of the college search and application process from college and high school counselors.
National Association for College Admission Counseling
- Preparing Students for College: What High Schools are Doing and How their Actions Influence Ninth Graders' College Attitudes, Aspirations, and Plans
- Step by Step: College Awareness and Planning for Families, Counselors and Communities - this curricula offers training for counselors and others who work with underrepresented and underserved students. It provides comprehensive tools for meeting the needs of first-generation students and their families as they navigate the college exploration and application process starting in middle school.
- ACT - college and career readiness information and a counselor newsletter for K-12 counselors and administrators.
- College Board Educator Resource Center - college planning resources to support the work you do every day with students and families - including handouts & presentations, demos and tips, and access to the CollegeEd® College Planning Program (a free, standards-based college planning and career exploration program for middle and high school students).
- Great Lakes College Access Resources - workshop materials providing the essentials to conduct a successful college preparation or financial aid workshop for students. Each presentation includes detailed speaker notes, handouts, and a promotional flyer to help get the word out.
- KnowHow2Go a campaign designed by the American Council on Education to encourage students and veterans to prepare for college. Explore the site to learn more about the steps you need to take to be college-ready.
- American Student Assistance - financial knowledge and motivation students need to attend college, complete their degree, and repay their student debt.
- Why College?
- Explore Your Interests & Careers
- Prepare at School
- Summer Academic Enrichment Program
- Earn College Credit in High School
- Recommended High School Classes & Graduation Requirements
- Advice for Students with Disabilities
- Succeed as an Adult Student
- Useful College Prep Resources
- Minnesota Goes to College!
- Get Ready Program Overview
- College Planning Presentation Information
- College Navigator Presentation Request Form
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program Outreach
- Competitive Grant Programs
- Dual Training Grant
- Public Engagement Calls
- "Life After Now" Podcast
- Certified Nursing Assistant Training
- Direct Admissions Minnesota
- Collecting Data from Minnesota Postsecondary Institutions
- Campus Financial Aid Administrator Resources
- Statewide Financial Aid Conference
- Campus Student Enrollment Reporting Resources
- Ordering Materials for Your Students
- Supplementing Your College Counseling
- Early Awareness Efforts
- Student Homelessness in Higher Education Resources
- Shared Library Resources
- MN FAFSA Tracker
- Campus Sexual Violence Prevention and Response
- Statewide FAFSA Filing Goal
- Financial Aid Estimator
- Online Applications
- About Financial Aid
- What Does College Cost?
- Tips for Lowering the Cost of Higher Education
- Institutional Payments
- Financial Aid You Don't Repay
- Financial Aid You Must Repay (Student Loans)
- Financial Aid You Earn
- Military Service Education Benefits
- Reduced Out-of-State Tuition Options
- Education Tax Benefits
- New Video Demystifies Paying for College
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Useful Online Resources
- Ready, Set, FAFSA!
- Data Maps and Infographics
- Educational Attainment Goal 2025
- Minnesota Measures
- Minnesota P-20 Statewide Longitudinal Education Data System
- College Readiness & Participation Data
- Student Enrollment Data
- Degrees, Graduation Rates, Attainment & Outcomes
- Financial Aid Data & Trends
- Tuition & Fees Data
- Student Health and Safety
- Institution and Data Search
- Transfer Students
- Research Reports
- A-Z Data Table Index