Competitive Grant Programs
The Office of Higher Education administers several state and federal programs with statewide impacts:
- David J. Tomassoni ALS Research Grant Program supports translational research into the prevention, treatment, and functional improvements of patients/caregiving related to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Intervention for College Attendance Grants encourage and support efforts by postsecondary institutions and community agencies to enhance and/or expand pre-college awareness or intervention programs for low-income students.
- Hunger Free Campus Grants provide small grants to Minnesota postsecondary institutions so that they can achieve and/or sustain a Hunger Free Campus designation from their respective systems.
- Concurrent Enrollment Grants for development of new concurrent enrollment courses and expansion of existing concurrent enrollment programs.
- Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury Research Grants for research into new and innovative treatments and rehabilitative efforts for functional improvement of people with spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries.
- Emergency Assistance for Postsecondary Students Grants support postsecondary institutions in assisting college students who are experiencing an unforeseen financial emergency that may prevent them from completing their term.
- Student Loan Debt Counseling Grant Program to support a Minnesota based organization in providing individual student loan debt repayment counseling to borrowers who are Minnesota residents.
- David J. Tomassoni ALS Research Grant Program
- Intervention for College Attendance Grants
- Concurrent Enrollment Grant Program
- Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury Research Grant Program
- Emergency Assistance for Postsecondary Students (EAPS) Grant Program
- Hunger Free Campus
- Student Loan Debt Counseling Grant Program
- Why College?
- Explore Your Interests & Careers
- Prepare at School
- Summer Academic Enrichment Program
- Earn College Credit in High School
- Recommended High School Classes & Graduation Requirements
- Advice for Students with Disabilities
- Succeed as an Adult Student
- Useful College Prep Resources
- Minnesota Goes to College!
- Get Ready Program Overview
- College Planning Presentation Information
- College Navigator Presentation Request Form
- Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program Outreach
- Competitive Grant Programs
- Dual Training Grant
- Public Engagement Calls
- "Life After Now" Podcast
- Certified Nursing Assistant Training
- Direct Admissions Minnesota
- Collecting Data from Minnesota Postsecondary Institutions
- Campus Financial Aid Administrator Resources
- Statewide Financial Aid Conference
- Campus Student Enrollment Reporting Resources
- Ordering Materials for Your Students
- Supplementing Your College Counseling
- Early Awareness Efforts
- Student Homelessness in Higher Education Resources
- Shared Library Resources
- MN FAFSA Tracker
- Campus Sexual Violence Prevention and Response
- Statewide FAFSA Filing Goal
- Financial Aid Estimator
- Online Applications
- About Financial Aid
- What Does College Cost?
- Tips for Lowering the Cost of Higher Education
- Institutional Payments
- Financial Aid You Don't Repay
- Financial Aid You Must Repay (Student Loans)
- Financial Aid You Earn
- Military Service Education Benefits
- Reduced Out-of-State Tuition Options
- Education Tax Benefits
- New Video Demystifies Paying for College
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Useful Online Resources
- Ready, Set, FAFSA!
- Data Maps and Infographics
- Educational Attainment Goal 2025
- Minnesota Measures
- Minnesota P-20 Statewide Longitudinal Education Data System
- College Readiness & Participation Data
- Student Enrollment Data
- Degrees, Graduation Rates, Attainment & Outcomes
- Financial Aid Data & Trends
- Tuition & Fees Data
- Student Health and Safety
- Institution and Data Search
- Transfer Students
- Research Reports
- A-Z Data Table Index